Vegan: Butternut Squash & chickpea Korma
I had a bash at another vegan recipe, however this one was unplanned, I was simple trying to use up some ingredients in the cupboards and fridge and Volia! It’s quite funny how much I learnt when I was making this curry, I always wondered how Korma was made and it is so so easy and like I said all by accident! I’m excited to try this as a non-vegan meal too.
1/2 butternut squash (baked)
1 tin of coconut milk (or evaporated milk)
1 tin of chickpeas
80g frozen peas
1 handful of sugar snap peas
1 clove of garlic
A few sprays of coconut oil spray
Spices – 1 tsp of each
Turmeric, cumin, curry powder, parsley, coriander
- If you like curry a little spicier add 2 tsp of the spices!
1. Slice and dice all the veggies we need, and add to a pan with the coconut oil spray, fry until soft.
2. Add in the chickpeas and heat for about 5 minutes
3. Add in the butternut squash (after you’ve baked it – so it’s soft)
4. Pour in the milk and simmer for 10 minutes stirring thoroughly to breakdown the squash.
5. Add in your spices and herbs, season with black pepper and eat up!
This is an overview of all of the macro-nutrients (e.g. fat, carbohydrates, protein) and what individual ingredients of the recipe offer as a percentage to each nutrient.
Calories: 49% milk, 19% chickpeas, 17% squash
Carbohydrates: 30% squash, 30% milk, 21% chickpeas
Of which sugar: 52% milk, 28% squash, 7% peas
Fibre: 26% squash, 23% chickpeas, 14% peas
Protein: 48% milk, 24% chickpeas, 9% peas
Fat: 78% milk, 14% chickpeas, 2% peas
Of which Saturates: 95% milk, 3% chickpeas, 1% peas
Hope you enjoy! Remember to #sianylou if you try any of these recipes.
Tell me in the comments what is your favourite curry of all time!? Mine is Madras 😛
Much love, Sian x